Home-Based Business Transition Grant
Your home-based business was cozy, but now you’re bursting at the seams. We’re here to help you move into a commercial location.
To encourage the growth and success of small home-based businesses located in York County by assisting them in the transition to commercial locations.
WHAT IT COVERS
50% matching grant funds, up to a maximum of $2,000 per business, can be awarded for such uses as the purchase of supplies, equipment, or inventory; down-payments toward the lease or purchase of commercial property; renovations or minor repairs to a new commercial location; utility connection fees; or marketing and promotion.
- Must currently be a home-based business physically located in York County looking to transition to a commercial-based location in York County.
- Must have a current York County business license at the time of grant application and it must have been active for at least one year prior to applying for grant funds. This license must remain paid and active until two years after the date grant funds are received.
- Must purchase, lease, or sublease commercially zoned property in York County within six months of signing the grant agreement.
- Work cannot have started before application is approved.
- Cannot be in default or non-compliance with any county programs, ordinances, or taxes.
- Must sign up for our monthly e-news, which provides business resource information including educational opportunities.
- All approved projects must be completed within 1 year of grant approval.
DETAILS & EXCLUSIONS
- Normal operating expenses, such as rent, utilities, payroll, taxes, etc. are not allowable expense
- Funds will be awarded to the applicant only upon satisfactory completion of the project(s) in accordance with the approved application, and the relocation of the business to a commercially zoned location in the County.
- Receipts must be paid in full by applicant and presented to York County showing a date after the grant approval date to be eligible for 50% reimbursement.
- Applicant must submit copies of all required permits and approvals, if applicable, and a copy of the new commercial space lease or sale documentation.
- Lifetime maximum grant of $2,000 per business.
- Non-profit entities are not eligible.