Google Virtual Tour Grant
Do you need help attracting more customers online? We’ll help get you listed, or update your business listing, on Google’s Street View for Business.
The Google Virtual Tour Grant Program was created to encourage York County businesses to get listed or update their Google business listing and to help them further enhance their web presence by having an interior virtual tour posted online.
WHAT IT COVERS
50% matching grants, up to $500 per business, are provided toward the cost of having panoramic photos taken by a Google Trusted Photographer of the interior of a business location and posted on Google as a virtual tour, using Google’s Street View platform.
- Must have a current York County business license at the time of grant application, and this license must remain paid and active until one year after the date grant funds are received.
- By accepting grant funds, you agree to allow the Department of Economic & Tourism Development and/or the Economic Development Authority to use any image taken. Uses may include social media, printed materials, websites, presentations and any other means needed.
- Work cannot have started before application is approved.
- Business cannot be in default or non-compliance with any County programs, ordinances, or taxes.
- Must sign up for our e-news, which provides business resource information including educational opportunities.
- Must complete approved projects within 1 year of grant approval.
DETAILS & EXCLUSIONS
- A new interior virtual tour must be established where none previously existed for your business. This program is not intended for updating prior virtual tours, unless an exception is granted by the Economic & Tourism Development director.
- Grants are for interior photography work only; exterior photography is not eligible for grant funds. You will be given access to and full use of your still images by your chosen photographer.
- Receipts must be paid in full by applicant and presented to York County showing a date after the grant approval date to be eligible for 50% reimbursement.
- Lifetime maximum grant of $500 per business
- Your website/social media pages must not contain illegal or adult material.
- Home-based businesses may apply.
- Non-profit entities are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact at least one local Google Trusted Photographer for an interior images quote.
Complete, sign and submit the grant application. Include a copy of your current business license, all quotes, the name of the photographer/provider you’ve chosen and a signed W-9. Submit via:
- Email: EconDev@YorkCounty.gov
- Mail: York County Economic & Tourism Development, P.O. Box 612, Yorktown, VA 23690
- In person: 121 Alexander Hamilton Blvd., Yorktown, VA 23690
Receive our decision via email, along with an agreement to sign if approved.