Summons for Unlawful Detainer

Civil Claim for Eviction

A written notice must be sent to the defendants before obtaining an Unlawful Detainer. In addition to the plaintiff's signature, the claim and affidavit portion of the Unlawful Detainer must be acknowledged by a notary, magistrate, clerk or deputy clerk before the warrant can be issued.

Day of Court

On the day of court you must be in court. Bring all paperwork needed to present your case. The Plaintiff/Landlord may seek judgment for possession only and request a continuance for up to 90 days for final rent and damages amounts to be determined. The Plaintiff/Landlord must send written notice advising the Defendant of the trial date and the amount of final rent and damages no less than 15 days prior to the final trial date and file a copy of the notice with the Clerk's office.

Judges Decision

If judgment is granted in your favor, you may ask the Judge to allow the immediate issuance of a Writ of Possession In Unlawful Detainer. You must wait 10 days after the trial date before enforcement action can be taken if the Defendant appeared in court and the Judge does not grant immediate possession. If you wish to have the Sheriff's Office move the defendant from your property, you will need to file a Request for Writ of Possession In Unlawful Detainer with the court along with a check/money order or cash for $25 for one defendant plus $12 for each additional defendant.