Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Real Estate Tax rate?
The current Real Estate Tax rate for 2023 is $.77 per $100 of assessed value.
- What is the Personal Property Tax rate?
The Personal Property Tax rate is set each year by the Board of Supervisors. The 2023 tax rate is $3.90 per $100.00 of assessed value.
- I just sold my car, now what?
You must notify the DMV and the Commissioner of the Revenue.
- I am active duty military, do I have to pay Personal Property Taxes?
Detailed information can be found on the Military Exemptions page.
- Can I make payment arrangements?
Contact the Delinquent Tax Administrator at 757-890-3420 or email@example.com. The administrator will work with you on paying your Personal Property and Real Estate Taxes within a reasonable time period. Having an agreement will not relieve the penalties and interest, but may forestall any legal action. To make payment arrangements on a York County Utility Bill contact Utility Billing at 757-890-3702.
- What is the current rate of Personal Property Tax Relief?
Personal Property Tax Relief is at 43% for 2023.
- Who do I make my checks payable to?
All payments and donations sent to the County should be made payable to: Treasurer, County of York.
- I have an escrow account with my Mortgage Company and received a bill, what should I do?
All York County property owners, including properties that have a mortgage company escrow to pay the taxes, will now be receiving real estate tax bills. If a mortgage company is responsible for payment of taxes, the bill is for your records only. Citizens responsible for paying their own real estate taxes should remit payment by the due date on the bill.
- Is the mailing address on my tax bill correct?
Yes. Bills due June 25th and December 5th that are sent with payment stubs are now mailed to a secure processing facility in Baltimore, Maryland. However, if you are not sending the payment stub with your payment or need a receipt, please