How do I reschedule my Court appearance date?
You may request a continuance by telephone, by mail or in person. Requests should be received prior to the assigned trial date. Continuance policies for traffic, criminal and civil cases include:
- Traffic - The Clerk's office may grant 1 continuance to the police officer's next scheduled date. No further continuances may be granted by the clerk's office. All subsequent continuances have to be approved by the Judge.
- Criminal - The Clerk's office may grant one continuance for good cause after the Commonwealth's Attorneys office has been informed of the request and has no objection to the granting of a continuance. If an objection is raised, then the parties must appear in Court for a hearing before the Judge. All witnesses are to be notified either by telephone or mail prior to the original trial date.
- Civil - The Clerk's office may grant one continuance if both parties agree. The Clerk's office must hear from the plaintiff that a continuance has been agreed upon as well as the rescheduled date.

Show All Answers

1. How can I get a criminal warrant against someone?
2. Do I have the right to appeal the Judge's decision?
3. What are the hours of the Courthouse?
4. How do I find out points about my driving record?
5. How do I reschedule my Court appearance date?
6. How are records checks conducted?
7. What items are prohibited in the Courthouse?
8. How do I sue someone in Small Claims Court or Civil Court?
9. Can I pay my ticket and avoid a court appearance?
10. Is there a dress code for Court appearances?