What if I or someone I know are missing a pet?

Report loss pet to Animal Services at 757-890-3601. Search your immediate neighborhood. Call your local animal shelter to see if your pet was picked-up and to report the loss if your pet should happen to be brought in on a later date. You can call the Heritage Humane Society at 757-221-0150 (typically animals picked up in the Northern End of York County) and the Peninsula Regional Animal Shelter at 757-933-8900 (typically animals picked up in the Southern End of York County).

Pets without identification can look alike so, visit the animal shelter and look at the animals not only in the impound area but, also the animals in the injured, sick, and quarantine areas. If you find your pet, please advise the local shelter and Animal Services, so the lost pet can be cleared off their list of lost animals.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I purchase a dog license?
2. Are cats required to be licensed?
3. What if I or someone I know are missing a pet?
4. Does Animal Control take care of spiders, mice, lizards, or flying and buzzing insect pests?
5. What do I do if I find a dead animal?
6. What do I do if I am bitten by an animal?
7. What do I do it my pet bites someone?
8. What is rabies?
9. Can humans have rabies?
10. What can I do to help control rabies?
11. Who is responsible for enforcing wildlife related laws?
12. What if I experience nuisance wildlife at my home or in my area?
13. Is caring for injured or orphaned wildlife a good idea?