COVID-19 Small Business Grant - Phase Two
Applications accepted starting July 1st
York County, in partnership with the cities of Williamsburg and Poquoson, is launching Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program to reimburse small businesses for rent or mortgage expenses during the coronavirus pandemic.
This new iteration of the grant offers up to $15,000 for businesses in the three participating localities who had 20 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees at some point during the pandemic. The program is funded by a Community Development Block Grant through the Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development, which York County and the cities of Williamsburg and Poquoson secured for a second year.
Use of Funds
Under Phase two, ONLY rent or mortgage expenses for your business are considered qualifying expenses (up to a maximum of 6 months of payments). Payments must have been made after March 13,2020. Businesses are eligible for up to $15,000, including any previous grant funds received under Phase One of this program. (Example: If your monthly rent is $1,000 and you received $3,000 for three months of rent under Phase One, you are now eligible for an additional $3,000. If your monthly rent is $5,000 and you received $5,000 in Phase One, you are now eligible for an additional $10,000.)
- Submit copies of all paid invoices/receipts and all required permits, leases, ownership documents, approvals, etc.
- Current York County business license and not a corporately-owned national chain
- Employ less than twenty (20) full time equivalent employees at some point during the pandemic
- Have not received funding from any other local, state, or federal assistance program for the same expenses on this application
- Current with all local taxes, licenses, permit fees, etc. and is in compliance with all York County ordinances
Application Process & Timeline
Applications may be evaluated based on the following criteria, at the discretion of the County of York, their staff representatives, and/or the COVID-19 Small Business Grant Review Board: use of the grant funds for business rent or mortgage expenses only and extent to which my business was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.