We understand that you're facing great uncertainty right now. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and working to compile several resources that can help you, our local business owners and operators, navigate through this challenging time.
The Paycheck Protection Program, an SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, is now accepting applications. Please contact your local approved 7a lender to file your application.
- ABNB FCU
- American National Bank and Trust Company
- Arlington Community FCU
- Atlantic Union
- Bank Blue Ridge Bank
- Bayport Credit Union
- Business Finance Group, Inc.
- Capital One
- Central Virginia FCU
- Chain Bridge Bank
- Chartway FCU
- Citizens and Farmers Bank
- Citizens Bank and Trust Company
- Cornerstone Bank
- Farmers & Merchants Bank
- First Community Bank
- The Bank of Fincastle
- The Bank of Southside Virginia
- The Fauquier Bank
- The First Bank and Trust Company
- The National Bank of Blacksburg
- The Old Point National Bank of Phoebus
- Towne Bank
- United Bank
- University of Virginia Community CU
- Virginia Community Capital Bank
- Village Bank
- Virginia Commonwealth Bank
- Virginia National Bank
- Virginia Partners Bank
Workforce Assistance Grant
Hampton Roads Workforce Council and Greater Peninsula Workforce Board announced an opportunity for COVID-19 funding assistance for small business application. Applications are being excepted through April 3rd.
SBA Disaster Relief
March 27, 2020
President Trump signed into law the CARES Act, which provided additional assistance for small business owners and non-profits, including the opportunity to get up to a $10,000 advance on an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). This advance may be available even if your EIDL application was declined or is still pending, and it will be forgiven.
If you wish to apply for the advance on your EIDL, please visit https://covid19relief.sba.gov as soon as possible to fill out a new, streamlined application. In order to qualify for the advance, you need to submit this new application even if you previously submitted an EIDL application. Applying for the advance will not impact the status or slow your existing application.
EIDL procedures and form guidance
- Overview SBA Emergency Loans
- Video EIDL applications process
- SBA Webinar Slides OR visit the Virginia SBDC Webinar & Recordings webpage
- Partners and District Offices
- Disaster Office Hotline 1-800-659-2955 or DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov
Press Release 03-19-2020
All information currently available is shown at https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19. Updates will be posted there as they become available. The EIDL loans will be direct SBA disaster loans; they will not be made through SBA participating lenders.
Business owners may be eligible for FEMA and/or SBA assistance and payments during a declared national emergency. York County is assessing the economic impacts to local businesses due to COVID-19, in an effort to report them accurately to state and federal partners.
We encourage you to start collecting and documenting any loss of business related to this pandemic. This could include:
- Hotel Room or Meal Reservation Cancellations
- Private Event or Conference Cancellations
- Declining numbers of visitors, room nights, etc.
- Any business and/or revenue loss associated with the pandemic
Please visit the SBA for useful guidance and steps that you may want to follow in preparing your business for the impact of COVID-19 and to determine if you may qualify for financial assistance related to this disaster.
We recommend that you visit this site regularly for updates and do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions. As we receive more details from the federal and state governments about disaster relief, we will share them with you.
Business-Related Disaster Relief Resources
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Business Tips
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Department of Labor (DOL) Workers and Employers Preparation Resources
- DOL Family First Coronavirus Response Act Employee Rights
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Key Points to Take Note
- FEMA Emergency Planning Exercises
- Google Small Business Resources
- Google Work, teach, and learn from anywhere resources
- Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) Business Continuity Planning
- International Franchise Association (IFA) Requirements and Opportunities for Franchise Businesses
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) EIDL and Paycheck Protection Program Loan (PPPL) Comparison
- Open for Business-EZ (OFB-EZ) Business Continuity Plan
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship brief on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance COVID-19 Sustainability & Recovery Resource Center
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resource Guide
- Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center (HR-SBDC) Preparing Virginia Small Businesses
- PBMares Coronavirus Resources for Businesses
- Peninsula Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resource Links
- Retail Alliance Resources for Retailers
- State of Virginia Request for Information (RFI) for Personal Protective Equipment
- Unemployment Benefits guide for W-2, 1099 & Unemployed Workers
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Business and Employee Information
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) Sign-up to receive emails for time-sensitive messages for emergencies, disasters, and planned events
- VDEM Coronavirus Information
- Virginia Department of Heath (VDH) COVID-19 Information and FAQs
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) Workers Unemployment Insurance Guidance
- Virginia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Resources for Small Businesses
- York County Economic Development Incentive Programs
- March 30, 2020 Executive Order 55 Temporary Stay at Home order due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Executive Orders and Directives in effect by the Governor of Virginia can be viewed here.