Commercial Corridor Property Improvement Grant Program
What is it?
Are you looking to spruce up your commercial property or building? Studies show that businesses stand to make more of a profit when their business exterior is updated and visually attractive.
York County’s Commercial Corridor Property Improvement Grant may be able to help! This grant can be used for a one-time exterior improvement or renovation intended to upgrade the property/building appearance. Up to $10,000 in matching funds can be used for qualified external improvements, such as signs, hardscaping, windows, awnings, landscaping, lighting, parking areas or sidewalks, and more.
How does it work?
- Complete, sign, and submit the grant application. Include all quotes, the signed owner agreement, and a copy of your business license.
- We will notify you by email that your application was received. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis by the York County Economic Development Authority.
- We will send you an email to inform you of the decision, along with an agreement to sign. Once you return the signed agreement, you may begin the work.
What are the qualifications?
- Your business must have a current York County Business License and must have been in business in a commercially-zoned corridor of York County for a minimum of one year prior to applying for grant funds.
- Your application must be made prior to start of any work.
- Your business may not currently be in default or non-compliance with any county programs or ordinances.
- Renters must show written proof of owner’s permission for proposed renovations.
- All grant recipients must consent to before and after photos being taken and used at the county’s discretion for marketing purposes.
- Grant recipients are required to sign up for our Economic Development e-news, which provides business resource information, including educational opportunities.
- Applicant must start approved projects within six months of grant approval and all projects must be completed within one year of approval.
- Grant funds may be used as a match for any available state grant funds.
Details and Exclusions
- Recurring or general maintenance expenses (i.e. lawn mowing, power washing, painting, etc.) do not qualify for grant funds.
- Funds may not be used for past due bills or past expenses.
- Receipts must be paid in full by applicant and presented to York County showing a date after the grant approval date to be eligible for 50% reimbursement.
- Home-based Businesses and Non-profit entities are not eligible for funding.
Where do I submit my application?
Submit application via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 757-890-6670
- Mail or in person:
York County Economic Development
P.O. Box 612
Yorktown, VA 23690