Business Growth Grant
What is it?
Could your business use a little help to get to that next level? Perhaps a new tool or piece of equipment would allow you to take on new clients or a new work vehicle might help you serve additional areas? York County’s Business Growth Grant is here to help.
The Business Growth Grant marks York County’s first foray into addressing general business needs — offering up to $2,500 of matching funds for a one-time expense. That expense can be anything from equipment or tools to professional services, as well as wish lists even home-based businesses might have, such as purchasing a new computer, tool, or digital advertising.
How does it Work?
- Complete, sign, and submit the grant application. Include all quotes, a copy of your business license and form W-9.
- We will notify you by email that your application was received. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis by the York County Economic Development Authority.
- We will send you an email to inform you of the decision, along with an agreement to sign. Once you return the signed agreement, you may begin the work.
What are the Qualifications?
- Your business must have a current York County Business License at the time of grant application and it must have been active for at least one year prior to applying for grant funds. This license must remain paid and active until one year after the date grant funds are received. If you close and/or relocate your business out of York County within one year of receiving grant funds, you must repay 50% of the total grant awarded.
- Your application must be made prior to start of any work.
- Your business may not currently be in default or non-compliance with any county programs or ordinances.
- Grant recipients are required to sign up for our Economic Development e-news, which provides business resource information, including educational opportunities.
- All grant recipients are strongly encouraged to complete a business training workshop within one year of approval of grant funding.
- Applicant must complete approved projects within six months of grant approval
- This grant is intended to help our small businesses grow. Unless otherwise authorized by the grant administrator, applicants must generally employ no more than 25 full time employees and must not be a national chain.
Details & Exclusions
- Recurring expenses (i.e. utility bills, rent/mortgage payments, salaries, late fees, taxes, license fees, membership dues, etc.) do not qualify for grant funds.
- Funds may not be used for purchasing inventory, unless the inventory is directly associated with new equipment also being purchased with grant funds.
- Funds may not be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco, medicine, or related items.
- Funds may not be used for past due bills or past expenses.
- Receipts must be paid in full by applicant and presented to York County showing a date after the grant approval date to be eligible for 50% reimbursement.
- Home-based Businesses may apply, but must clearly show that the expenses are business related, not residential in nature.
- Non-profit entities are not eligible for funding.
Where do I submit my application?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 757-890-6670
- Mail or in person:
York County Economic Development
P.O. Box 612
Yorktown, VA 23690