Home-Based Business Assistance
Home-Based Business Resources & Support
In recent years, there has been a substantial increase in Home-based business licenses in York County. The data shows that two-thirds of York County's businesses are Home-based and that this trend is growing, not just here, but nationwide. The number of Home-based businesses in America more than doubled from just 2010 - 2012, with growth continuing upward each year since. Home-based entities are an important sector of York County's business community, creating jobs and generating important tax revenue.
The County partnered with the York County Chamber of Commerce to create the Home-based Business Assistance Program initiative, aimed at providing the resources and support needed to help our local home-based businesses grow and thrive. Aspects of the initiative include an annual Home-based Business Resource Fair & Conference, a Home-based Business Transition Grant Program, networking opportunities and monthly Lunch-and-Learns focused on home-based business needs. Additionally, the York County chamber offers a reduced-rate tier for home-based businesses, free/reduced rate office space and conference rooms for Chamber Members' Use, and much more.
York County's Home-based Business Program featured in International Economic Development Journal.
Keep It In York County Website
The Keep It In York County website encourages residents to buy local whenever possible, which directly benefits residents, businesses, and our entire community. The website provides a one-stop-shop for finding local businesses, coupons, and events. It also serves as a free online marketing tool for York County's existing businesses.
The interactive website features a free, searchable database of all of York County's commercially-based businesses, as well as many home-based businesses. Basic listings include the business name, physical address, phone number, and web address, however, businesses are encouraged to enhance their listing for free with photos, logos, coupons, events, descriptions, tag lines, and more. www.keepitinyorkcounty.com
Coffee at Home Show
Check out our new show featuring unique home-based businesses right here in York County!
Melissa James with Creative Copy & Design
Local Home-based Business Resources, Events & Programs
- York County Home-Based Business License Application
- York County Home-Based Business Assistance Programs Flyer (PDF)
- York County Home-Based Business 2018 Lunch & Learn Series (PDF)
- York County Home-Based Business Conference & Resource Fair 2017 Flyer (PDF)
- York County Home-Based Business Website
- York County Home-Based Business Transition Grant Program
- York County E-Commerce Grant Program
- York County NxLevel Scholarship Program
- York County Google Street View for Business Grant Program (PDF)
- York County Chamber of Commerce Home-Based Business Benefits
- START! Peninsula - Annual Startup Weekend Competition
- Hampton Roads Microlending - Loan Spot (PDF)
- Triangle Entrepreneur Exchange (TrEE) Workshop and Lunch
- Launchpad - The Greater Williamsburg Business Incubator
- Ignition Center Business Incubator
- Small Business Development Center Micro-lending Information (PDF)
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Home Food Processing Exemptions (PDF)
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Home Food Processing Application (PDF)
- Virginia Startup Information